Family Picture

Family Picture

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

{chaos}

OMG. This first month of living together has been fun, stressful, hilarious, hard at times. A complete mix of emotions all the time. I finally feel like we are getting settled. But there is never a dull moment. And if there is a moment of calmness then it will not last too long. Don't get me wrong. I love it! But whew... if it's gonna happen I feel like it will happen to us.

My parents were extremely generous and helped get us a washer and dryer to use and get started with until we got something for good! Well, we had numerous small issues with it but it was small issues that built up and stressed me out. For the first few days they didn't work correctly so it took a few days to get fixed and finally got caught up with laundry. I have noticed lately that I have to run the clothes twice to get them completely dry. Well, this Monday we realized the dryer wasn't working at all! But instead of waiting to figure it out and getting the load in the dryer dried, Nick decided to start another load in the wash. So yesterday afternoon when we realize we have two loads of wet clothes we needed to figure something out. We invested in a brand new washer and dryer. AND I LOVE THEM! Nick and I seriously stood and watched the washer wash our clothes! Okay, not the entire cycle but it's awesome!

But that wasn't the end. We get them in and hooked up and start a load. Approximately 15-20 minutes later I realize its not running and there's an error. We take some of the clothes out because we are thinking maybe it's too big of a load. Start again and then about 10 minutes later I hear the washer going off and the error message is up again. Take more clothes out and start it again. I then inform Nick of whats going on and he comes to check it out! It then stops again and says error. OMG! I then ask, did you turn the water back on when you hooked these up? Nick - 'oh shit!' Turn the water on restart the load... now it works. About 45 minutes later the load should be finished soon and while I am laying in bed and Nick is sitting there waiting for it to finish and switch it out to the dryer we hear water gushing! Nick asks 'whatis that?' I say 'well I don't know... go see!' I hear another 'Oh shit!' but with more panic! I run in there and our floor is covered with water!!!

We grab every towel in the house and realize I don't have a mop... I use a swiffer and a swiffer is not gonna clean this up! I then ask Nick, 'can't we just use the shop vac to suck up all the water?' Nick - "Good idea, I knew I married you for a reason!' So at midnight we had to shop vac the floor and run the load back through for a rinse cycle... after making sure everything was connected right! Ended up it was the drain hose that came undone and so it was an entire tub of water all over our floor! Everything is working correctly now.... fingers crossed!

But these are the things that randomly happen with us... Yea it's stressful and ridiculous at the time and I know we will look back at all this random stuff and laugh but geeze!


Another day at the Coats residence...


No comments:

Post a Comment