Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, December 10, 2012

Winter Arrived Over Night

Wow, what a cold morning! I had a cute little sheer black top on yesterday without a coat and this morning I had to bundle up. They were calling for snow (I never believe that until I see it!) and it never showed up here even though it is in the 30's. Nick text me this morning 'U get any snow? Cuz I sure didnt!' haha

This weekend seemed busy but yet I did not get any Christmas shopping done! 
NOTE : Must finish that soon, only 15 days!!!

We went to Fayetteville Saturday night to celebrate Nathan's 30th birthday. We met up with some of Nick and Bird's friends for dinner at Bordinos! Yummy!! Nick was disappointed with his Mahi Mahi so I had to share my pasta... which I would not have eaten all of anyways.

Yes, were dorks but we have so much fun!!


Sunday was a mess. I feel like I need a 'redo'! Maybe I should have gotten out of bed before 10:00 (I never sleep in that long though!). I was suppose to go to a 'cookie exchange' at 2:00 so I finally got ready and had the brilliant idea to make the cookies! I made it home from the store around 12:30 and that was after making a trip to two Walmart's. (Neighborhood Market doesn't carry everything like the big Walmart!) 
Awesome, I have an hour and a half to make 3 dozen! Not so fast! I could only make one dozen at a time and had to let them cool in the pan before removing or they fell apart. ugh!!!! So what happened? A dozen of them were ruined (not really because I will eat them... they just weren't pretty!). That only meant I had to make another (THIRD) trip to Walmart for a dozen! 
So moral of the story... Holly needs to get out of bed earlier, make the cookies the day before, or just buy the cookies already made in the first place!!!! Geeze!

Easiest cookies to make but not when your in a hurry!!!

Afterwards, I tried to do some Christmas shopping but that didn't happen. All I wanted to do was go home, put on sweats and watch the Giulliana & Bill marathon on E!. So that is what I did... along with a glass of wine and some pizza! 

Therefore, I need to get some shopping done this week... maybe. I have a feeling I am gonna be a last minute shopper this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment