Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Time

Movie night with this sweet boy!


Sunday we opened gifts and had lunch at my parents house. Nick and I decided that morning to open our gifts from one another. He did awesome this year. A new pair of Oakley's along with a pair of earrings and a bracelet!! Nick always does good on gifts. He told me the glasses were off of my Pinterest making me think he was sneaky and figured it out himself. He later informed me that Kari saw them on my Pinterest and gave him the idea around birthday time. LOL So Thank You Kari!

Nick got a YETI! Yes, I still cannot believe it myself. He has wanted one for a while and I always told him it was stupid to spend that much on an ice chest and that I would not be getting him one. Well I surprised him. I got a 'holiday package' when I ordered it and I also bought him a lock for it. That all went into a gift bag and before he opened it I told him 'This goes with your birthday gift!' (Which is Saturday, the 29th) 
He had THE biggest smile on his face when he took out the tissue paper. There was a Yeti hat, cup, koozie, bottle opener, and the lock. I tried to make him think he had to wait until his birthday for the cooler but that didn't last long because I was so excited to give it to him that I brought it out to him pretty quick!

Sportin' my new shades!



Engel Christmas Eve... For 29 years now I have went to my Grandma Katie and Grandpa Georges house on Christmas eve. Nick didn't get to go with me this year because of his own Christmas festivities at his grandpa's house. I was invited but could not bring myself to miss this yearly chaos at my own grandparents house! So much fun...


Quote of the night... 'Well you finally got what ya wanted!!' - Grandma Katie


Sax modeling Jackson's spy googles!


We still draw names, even though we kinda try and sabotage it to get the names of the people we want to buy for! Meg drew my name and got these awesome glasses for me. Love them!!


Christmas morning I woke up and went by my parents house to get my stocking that Santa left for me. I then went on to Nicks house and had lunch with his family. Gabe got to open his gift I had gotten him. I had to wait until he got his Santa gift, a WiiU. He was hilarious. He opened it and Nick asked what it was. He screamed 'A Spider-man game!!!', jumped up, and gave me the biggest hug and told me 'Thank You Holly!' That was definitely the topper for my Christmas!

After lunch we had birthday cake for baby Jesus and sang Happy Birthday to him, per Gabe's request. According to Gabe, Jesus is four years old! 

I forgot to get pictures of Christmas day!!

I left Nicks house just in time and got home before the roads got slick. Nick had planned to go camping from Christmas day until Saturday morning. 30 minutes after I got home he had text me saying he couldn't make it and was pulling up to his house. But that didn't stop him from leaving the next day. 
Geeze that guy gives me anxiety but it is what I signed up for and I knew him for years so I knew what I was getting myself into!

This was another great Christmas spent with my family and Nicks! Hoping for many more...


No comments:

Post a Comment