Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Were Engaged!!!

Well, he finally asked and I said Yes!

We decided Monday night to go ahead and have our Christmas (nick and I) the morning of Christmas Eve. I got to his house and he just knew I was expecting a ring (well yea for like a year now but that's beside the point). I was just excited because I get like that when opening gifts and I was excited for him to open his own from me. Anyways, I went first and he handed me this kinda heavy pretty good size box. I start opening it and it was a little tough, lots of tape, and he tells me he wrapped it himself. Bless his heart! I finally get the paper torn and I start realizing it's an 'elf on the shelf' box. Still confused even after all the paper is off and looking at the box I ask 'what is this are you serious' (or something like that!). He proceeds to tell me to open it up. I then see this note taped inside on the plastic covering the elf... 

Still confused! I am like 'what?' 'What does this mean?' Haha nick says lift it up and underneath the note is 'Christmas Tree' the elf with a ring tied to him... 


Still confused! I just start rambling... 'What?' 'Is this real?' 'Is that a ring' 'is this for real?' 'Are u serious?' Still sitting in shock he has to take the box from me, get the elf out, untie the rig from him all while I'm still rambling and looking crazy I am sure! He then of course grabs my hand to get off the couch and gets on one knee and asked me to marry him!!! 

He still thought for most of the day that I was expecting a ring for Christmas but I really did not!! I told him later do u think a girl that expects to get a proposal goes without makeup?!? Ugh and my aunt Carlotta let him know that just the other day I told her 'oh no he will not do it for Christmas!' 


I am happy that I got to share the news with my family along with my grandpa George today. He left us shortly after our annual Christmas Eve celebrations today. That man was not gonna miss his party and especially not his annual Christmas Eve party! 

My grandma Katie was surprised and so happy for us too. She is definitely a strong woman and I am a lucky girl to have her to look up to. 


Nick is now glad that he does not have to ever hear crap from everyone about when he's gonna ask! Good job babe! 

I love you more than anything and thank you for all you do for me. Looking forward to many many years with you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment