I am so excited about this project. I bought this old wood door at an antique store last year! I am finally getting around to fixing it up and making it a headboard for my bed.
I had read many awesome reviews over 'chalk paint' and then a friend of mine started selling it at her paint store 'Cross My Art' so I had to get some and try it out.
This is the easiest stuff ever!!! There is no prepping besides cleaning it off of course. Then just paint it on wait for it to dry and distress it. I only applied one coat because after I started distressing it between coats I ended up loving the way it looked and being able to see the dark wood underneath and the brush strokes left in it. It looks awesome and even better in person! My dad is adding a little shelf with crown molding along the entire top of it to cutsy it up (I know that's not a word but I like it!!).
I am just in love with it and actually it turned out even better than I imagined it would!!
I hope to have a completely finished... put up in my room with my bed picture very soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment