Family Picture

Family Picture

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

For my Mom...

I wanted to make note of a few things my mom has taught me through the years or that has rubbed off from her to me! I find more and more that I am very similar to my mom and I am thankful for that. Even though some things I do can be annoying even to myself. I think many girls turn into their mom in certain ways and I am just very grateful that my mom is one of the best!!

- Be on time EARLY... This use to annoy the crap out of me growing up. We would arrive somewhere at least 15 if not 30 minutes early and just sit there and have to wait. Seriously?? I do not show up early but I do show up on time. People that show up late just gets under my skin! Especially if I am meeting them, cough Nick. Yes, it gives me anxiety... get use to it.

- Its okay to splurge on a bad day... Go ahead and buy those shoes, that shirt, eat that cheeseburger! I am not a huge emotional eater or shopper but occasionally I do. And yes my mom helps me justify that it is completely fine to do so every time.

- Undiagnosed OCD runs in the family... whether it is turning off a light when not in that room, keeping the kitchen sink clean, or making sure the coffee table is in just the right place! Ugh I know I suffer from a little OCD here and there. Or maybe a lot sometimes, sorry Jess! I believe my roommate thinks she lives with Monica Gellar at times... But that is okay. Keeps everything neat and in place! My grandma Katie is the same way... do not leave anything laying around because it will be put up or thrown away!

- Cooking is fun... I never considered it to be until living on my own. Now on Sunday afternoons I love to cook up something for dinner or try a new recipe one night of the week.


Like I said, these are only a few things. Mom, you are the best of course. If I am ever half the mom you are then I will be doing great!!

I love you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment