Family Picture

Family Picture

Monday, March 11, 2013

Answered Prayers

Both grandparents are doing GREAT! My Grandpa got out of the hospital today and Grandma will be moved to rehab very soon. Grandpa George turned 84 yesterday so I had to take him some cookies to celebrate the day! I haven't seen my Grandma Katie since Saturday but she keeps improving. She gets frustrated not knowing the names of our whole Engel clan but geeze, sometimes a healthy mind can't keep all of us straight! Her balance is a little off especially when she tries to really get going, you can't tell that lady to stay in bed. And the use of her right side is really good. Her speech and comprehension is what's getting her. But she is one determined lady so I believe that can get better!

This weekend was an all around great weekend! Friday night I saw both grandparents and then got some chinese food with my mom. Saturday we visited the Garner's and took them some lunch. Baby Dax is precious, of course! Afterwards, we went to see 'Oz, the Great and Powerful', awesome movie!! Two thumbs up!! It was above Gabe's head because he doesn't understand it is a prequel to Wizard of Oz. But he really enjoyed the movie. When we got in the truck he said 'That was a good movie!!' So that is all that matters. Saturday night we had dinner at Masons along with Tracy and his sister Lindsey. Delicious steaks with mashed potatoes, green beans, and sauteed mushrooms. Sunday was back to studying all day. I have got to catch up this week. I only have three full weeks and weekends to get ready for the big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment